Thursday, November 8, 2012

Trim Healthy Mama ~Day 8~


 Breakfast
This morning I had my all time favorite breakfast. It seriously rocks!

2 organic, cage free, Omega 3 eggs
1 wedge laughing cow light cheese
2 Tbsp Cream Cheese
2-3 Tbsp green onions
1 Tbsp Brewer's Yeast -or- Nutritional Yeast
A dash of sea salt

Just scramble it all up and make like a normal scrambled egg. Oh my! So good!

My husband wanted bacon this morning so I made up a half a pound of bacon and some homemade waffles for everyone else....okay you know I snatched a few pieces of bacon for myself. I did however manage to restrain myself from eating any of the waffles.

Snack
At the 4 hour mark after breakfast I was still not hungry so I decided to have a few ritz crackers and 2 wedges of laughing cow light cheese before I took a nap. Not 100% on the plan as the crackers were not the "approved" crackers but they were what I had on hand so I went with it.

Lunch
After laying down for an hour and having my phone ring 5 times in that time period (I am not kidding) I finally gave up on my nap and got up. I decided I was hungry after all and made myself a E salad. Okay I know you are looking at the salad and thinking....Um....there are no carbs in there. Well think again. I made the salad with romaine, 1/2 roasted chicken breast, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, and some fat free ranch dressing. Where are the carbs? In my fat free dressing! It doesn't have any fat but it has 6 grams of carbs.

I added in a cup of berries with a packet of truvia sprinkled on top and a big glass of water and I am stuffed.

Dinner
My kids are quite excited that we are having shrimp for dinner tonight! Usually shrimp for 7 people is just too expensive. However I found this recipe which is mostly vegetables and rice noodles with a few shrimp thrown on top. Win win!


So we are having Spicy Asian Shrimp Lettuce Cups for dinner. Don't I sound all fancy? lol. I had never had sriracha sauce or rice noodles before tonight so this was something new for all of us.

It was pretty spicy but man it was good. The recipe was correct when it says to keep your napkin handy. It was super messy but well worth it! I wish I wasn't so full so I could have another one!


Evening Snack
In the effort to give you a fair view of the recipes in the book I decided to have cake and ice cream for my evening snack......okay that isn't true I really wanted cake and ice cream!

The taste was just slightly off from the truvia instead of sugar but it was still good. It hit the right bells and whistles and satisfied my craving for sugar.

Works for me! 

0 comments on "Trim Healthy Mama ~Day 8~"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez