Bumgenius 3.0 Pocket Diapers
- By having the wet insert stay in the outer waterproof shell of the diaper there is no wet insert to touch.
- No need for a snappi which while easy to use is sharp and I do end up stabbing myself with it at least once a day.
- No leaks even though the girls slept for 6 hours straight in it. Since the insert was so thin I was expecting it to leak but not a drop got out.
- No tucking in around the legs or back to make sure there wasn't any wicking, just put it on and go.
- Thin and not bulky at all. I was expecting it to be bulky on Lacy who is only 6lbs. A diaper that is meant for 7-35lbs just seems like it would be bulky on the newborn setting but it really wasn't thanks to the pocket design.
- The Velcro was crazy tight it took major muscle to get the tab off of the washing setting to use. Not a big deal if you know this BEFORE you have it on the baby!
- Diapers have to be stuffed when removed from the dryer...just one more little time drain in the day.
- You can not reuse the cover and have to have a new cover for each diaper change during the day.
- Slim fitting on the baby
- Drys very quickly
- Cheap, at $1.00 per pre-fold there isn't a cheaper diaper out there
- Very absorbent
- Easy to use and takes no extra steps once dried
- You can reuse the covers multiple times, sometimes one cover all day.
- You have to touch the wet pre-fold to remove it from the cover. Not a big deal during the day but at night that sucker gets REALLY wet :(
- You have to use a snappi which is easy but sharp and my fingers are usually a victim at least once a day
- You have to tuck the pre-fold in to the cover around the legs and back, not a big deal but a already screaming baby doesn't enjoy being manhandled to get the back tucked.
So what is my final verdict?? Honestly I am indifferent at this point, there are pro's and con's of each system and I am not in love with one over the other. Both function equally well and serve the purpose they were bought for. We will be moving to the Bumgenius once the twins out grow their pre-folds and I honestly can say I am excited to be DONE buying diapers FOREVER! :)