Sunday, March 7, 2010

March Grocery Challenge


For the month of March I am challenging myself to do a pantry challenge. A pantry challenge is simply put a attempt to eat solely out of your pantry only buying fresh items as needed. Our pantry has become a little to stocked as of lately and if I try to get one more thing in my freezer it may explode! lol! S0 for me this is a great way to get everything cleaned out, learn some new recipes, and save some money.

For this month I am giving myself $300 instead of the usual $500 for groceries and toiletries.

3/5 Commissary $56
3/9 Commissary $27

$217 Left :)

4 comments on "March Grocery Challenge"

Sweet Tater on March 8, 2010 at 12:19 PM said...

I think I'm almost already on my limit for groceries this month. sigh. :) Actually, I'm not quite there, just that this month's furst trip was BIG. And I'm not really sure what we bought that was so much, you know? Anyway, I'm doing the same thing NOW so that I don't spend over my amt. I have to eat what we have, except for perishables, of course. :) BUT on the upside, other than our two cars and house we are COMPLETELY OUT OF DEBT!!!! Coolness. :) And hopefully, we'll pay off one car within a year. :) Makes you feel good. :)

Unknown on March 8, 2010 at 12:44 PM said...

That is great news!!!

Good luck on the groceries! It could get interesting over here...I have about 5lbs of dried beans so I could go all month without buying meat but I don't think Bryan would appreciate it at all! lol!

Sweet Tater on March 9, 2010 at 4:36 PM said...

Yeah...the only way Jason eats beans is in chili--with meat. :) Still, I've learned one pot of chili with beans makes once pack of ground turkey last a LOT longer than if I just make burgers or something. (I have ALSO learned that all these years I thought I hated burgers...nope. I just didn't like ground beef. We've been eating turkey burgers, and I love them. Go figure.)

Unknown on March 9, 2010 at 5:46 PM said...

lol you sound like me I can't stand the taste of ground beef the only ground meat we have in this house is ground turkey. Bry hates it but it is either that or I gag for the entire meal...just to busy to make 2 dinners with different meats. I will make him beef burgers but that is it.

I add beans to just about everything that I can, I half the meat and add in the beans works like a charm :)

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez