Saturday, November 10, 2012

Trim Healthy Mama ~Day 10~


Breakfast
Eggs again. I am tried of eggs! Gonna hit up amazon tonight and look at the different flours they have to offer. I know I need almond four, oat flour, and ground flax seed so we shall see how many I can get on our current budget.

Lunch
I was bad today for lunch. My kids have had sore throats so I made them their favorite soft dinner last night of chicken and dumplings. Of course it is also MY favorite dinner. So what do I see when I looked in the fridge today at lunch time? My favorite food staring at me....yeah I had a bowl. However I stopped at ONE bowl that should count as something right?!

Dinner
The kids had leftovers for dinner tonight (yeah more dumplings) and I was being good having splurged already today. I made myself a tilapia salad with homemade "tarter sauce" dressing. It sounds a bit odd but it was good.

The salad consisted of romaine lettuce and tomatoes. I cooked the tilapia in a few spoonfuls of coconut oil till cooked through, and added it to the top of the salad. For the dressing I combined a few spoonfuls of lite mayo with a diced dill pickle spear (I would normally have used capers but I am out at the moment) and then thinned it out with a bit of milk till it was more dressing consistency.

This is an S meal for sure. Even though the mayo was "lite" it was still 20% of my fat intake for the day!

0 comments on "Trim Healthy Mama ~Day 10~"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez