Friday, November 16, 2012

Trim Healthy Mama ~Day 15~


Breakfast
I had big plans for breakfast this morning. I was going to make the cinnamon rolls from the recipe in the book....then I realized I was out of truvia. Then I got the big idea to have some creamy eggs, only I was out of laughing cow cheese. I ended up settling for some fried eggs. Not very exciting but it was about the only thing in the house left to eat.

Lunch
Today's lunch was this Thin crust sweet thai chicken pizza. Actually I made the pizza back in May and stuck it in my freezer. It is super yummy and you should SO try it! I started to take a picture but I couldn't find my camera. You will just have to trust me that mine was just as pretty as the picture with the recipe ;)

Dinner

I really really need to go to the grocery store, but with my husband working till 7pm it isn't going to happen today. So I made a "layered dinner" recipe in my crockpot out of things in my fridge.

1/2 head of cabbage, sliced
handful of carrots, diced
1 bag of green beans from the freezer
1 lb ground beef, browned

Layer all of the above in your crockpot. Cabbage, carrots, green beans, ground beef ~repeat, ending with cabbage on top~

Brown up a few slices of bacon (I had 7 pieces in my fridge that needed to get used). Remove the bacon and chop. Add a few Tbsp of glucomannan to the bacon grease and stir till creamy. Add unsweetened almond milk till it thins out a big and begins to bubble. Once creamy dump over the top of your layers in your crockpot, top with bacon crumbles.

Cook on low for 5 hours.

This is the ONLY way my children (or I) will eat cooked cabbage. It is really good :)  Again I would have taken a picture but still no camera to be found.

0 comments on "Trim Healthy Mama ~Day 15~"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez