Friday, October 19, 2012

Tex Mex Stew


Since my husband (the beef lover) is home we decided to have this Tex Mex stew for dinner. The original plan was to make some cornbread to go with it but I had had an emotional day at the Dr's office so I decided just to go with the stew. I also altered the recipe to cook in my crock pot instead of on the stove top, just to make my life easier.

Tex Mex Stew
lean ground beef $4.20
frozen chopped sweet green and red peppers ~Free from garden~
black beans $0.12 (made from dried beans and then frozen)
corn nibblets $1.00
diced green chiles $0.85
onion soup mix $0.75
ground cumin **I was out of cumin so I didn't use**
salt $0.02
dried oregano $0.02
cayenne pepper $0.01
all-purpose flour **Forgot this step and didn't use**

Total for stew: $6.97

I could have cut the price down on this recipe considerably by cutting the meat in half and upping the amount of beans, but as I said my husband is a beef man and had been playing hockey all afternoon so I took pity on him.


0 comments on "Tex Mex Stew"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez