Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Homemade Breakfast Biscuits


My hubby loves his hot breakfast in the morning and I am not much of a morning person. Doesn't really work out well for us. Instead of getting up early and cooking for him before he leaves for work I decided to start making things for him to have in the freezer or fridge ready to go. I shared some of the ideas in a past post, but thought I would share the breakdown for some of the items. Tonight I made sausage biscuits to package for the freezer.



First I start by making these baking soda biscuits. They are super simple to make and take no time at all. I make my dough in the food processor. I could say there is some super amazing reason I do it this way instead of by hand but really I am just lazy and don't feel like cutting the butter in by hand. Once the dough forms in to a ball in the food processor it is ready to roll out and cut into biscuits. Simple.






 Next up we have the sausage. I do not like standing over a frying pan frying sausage. I don't have the time and I hate the mess the splattering makes all over my stove. Instead I put my sausage patties on a baking sheet (if you are smarter than me you will line that baking sheet with tinfoil first) and throw it into a 425 degree oven for 12-15min till done in the middle.



Then I lay out all my tinfoil sheets and assemble the sausage biscuits. Wrap them up and throw them in a ziploc bag, be sure to label the bag!! And place in the freezer. Seriously only takes a few minutes of actual hands on work, the majority of the work is done by the oven not you.

When you are ready to eat these bad boys just unwrap and microwave till warm in the middle. Just like those frozen breakfast sandwiches you can buy in the store.

Financial breakdown:
Flour $0.18
Butter $0.29
Milk $0.13
Sausage $1.00

Total for 12 sausage biscuits: $1.60

That same amount bought ready made in the freezer section of your grocery store would cost you between $5-$10 depending on sales.

0 comments on "Homemade Breakfast Biscuits"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez