Sunday, October 21, 2012

Crockpot Pork Carnitas with Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread


Tonight I am not feeling all that well. Unfortunately I think I picked up a bug while attending dr's appointments last week. Fortunately though I have a crockpot so I don't actually have to do much for dinner tonight.

We are having pork carnitas for dinner.I also saw that my husband pulled a double chocolate zucchini bread out of the freezer this afternoon so we will be having that for dessert.

Pork Carnitas
  • pork roast $2.80
  • onion $0.10
  • garlic $0.06
  • chili powder $0.05
  • cumin** I was out of cumin so I didn't use**
  • taco sauce. Um I don't know what taco sauce is and I wasn't feeling well enough to look up how to make it so I went with a can of enchilada sauce I had in my pantry. $0.85
  • Tortillas $1.00
  • Cilantro $0.10
  • Tomatoes ~Free from garden~ 
  • Green onions that I found in the bottom of my fridge and really needed to use $.40
Total for dinner:  $5.36

Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread

all-purpose flour $0.11
unsweetened cocoa $0.25
baking soda $0.02
cinnamon $0.01
ground cloves **Didn't have so I didn't use**
butter, softened $0.27
sugar $0.25
oil $0.05
eggs $0.10
buttermilk **I just used regular milk* $0.04
vanilla extract $0.09
zucchini, unpeeled and shredded $0.52
bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped  $0.50

Total for the 1 loaf for tonight's dessert: $2.21

Total for entire meal: $7.54

0 comments on "Crockpot Pork Carnitas with Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez