Sunday, October 14, 2012

Quick and easy breakfast ideas for the refrigerator or freezer



My husband is in the military and usually has a pretty wonky work schedule. Since the majority of the time he has to be up at 4am and at work at 5am I needed to come up with some ideas for items he could make for himself in the morning that would keep him filled up longer than a bowl of cheerioes. I started off going down the frozen breakfast aisle and just throwing boxes into my cart. Easy on me not so easy on our budget. I quickly realized that I could make the same thing for half the price with just a little effort so I started looking around for ideas. There were tons of great ideas out there and it didn't take long to get a plan in place.

Here are some things I make and keep either in the fridge or the freezer:
*Muffins in the freezer, be sure to freeze them on a baking sheet and THEN put them in a bag otherwise they freeze together and make a giant block and you have to defrost all of them to get one.
*Breakfast burritos. I fry up some sausage, eggs, hashbrowns, etc and then layer them into burritos with cheese or whatever he wants. Wrap individually in tinfoil and freeze. He just has to pop them in the microwave and he has a hot meal he can eat on the go.
*Mini omelets in muffin pans. You can make several up the day or so before and store in the fridge. He just has to warm them up when he wants them.
*Bacon. Same thing you can make them into all sorts of shapes and bake them. I just saw cute heart ones. Then he just has to heat them up to go with his omelet.
*I also make homemade pancakes and freeze them (again freeze separately then bag them). Just pop them in the toaster for a bit and he is good to go.
*Breakfast sandwiches as well. Homemade Biscuits and whatever he likes inside (bacon and egg, sausage and egg, whatever). Then wrap with tinfoil and freeze. Easy to warm up.

Super easy to make and super simple for you or anyone else to heat up in the mornings.


2 comments on "Quick and easy breakfast ideas for the refrigerator or freezer"

Cina on October 14, 2012 at 5:55 PM said...

This is excellent! Thank you so much for following up.. and so quickly! I will start implimenting these so he has a variety and so we can start saving more money.

Thanks again!

Unknown on October 14, 2012 at 6:01 PM said...

No problem :) Happy to help!

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez