Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Spring Cleaning meets the No New Stuff Challenge



 As you can see from my previous posts we are in the middle of a Spring Cleaning spree here. Which of course means I am finding lots of "stuff" that hasn't been used in a long time. While cleaning out my laundry room I found a bunch of hair bows I made a while back. While trying to figure out what to do with them I remembered my girls used to have a ribbon hair bow holder (that they destroyed).




Which got me to thinking about a ribbon covered wreath I had started to work on for Christmas and never finished (shocking I know, lol!).  This is when my "no new stuff" challenge came to mind and I was a woman on a mission. I got the wreath out and realized that the hair clips clip perfectly onto the ribbon that is wrapped around the wreath. So I started digging around for the extra ribbon I knew I had somewhere as well as a coat hook and screws from my trusty toolbox.





I found the perfect spot in the kids bathroom (you know a spot the majority of them can't reach) and installed my coat hook. I then cut a length of ribbon and used it to make a hanger for my wreath. I slipped the bows clips under the sections of the ribbon and what do you know...... A bow hanger that recycled items from my home and looks pretty darn cute! I love cutting down on clutter and making something cute at the same time. You do however know what this means...my kids are going to want me to make them more hair bows :)


1 comments on "Spring Cleaning meets the No New Stuff Challenge"

Unknown on March 6, 2013 at 10:15 AM said...

Love it!

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez