Friday, March 29, 2013

BLT Pizza...Why yes I think I will!


Since we are cutting all processed foods out of our diets it has become very important that I be able to alter recipes to meet our new standards. A BLT pizza is one of my favorite things on the Earth...I mean it has BACON! Luckily my recipe was very simple to alter...

Pizza crust
1/4c Coconut oil
1 Tbsp Honey
2 tsp salt (I used Himalayan pink salt)
4 cups flour
1 1/3c warm water
1 Tbsp yeast

~Mix all the ingredients together in your mixer using your dough hook then let rest for 20min. Divide dough in two and roll out on to pans. Pre-bake in 400 degree oven for 15min.

~While the crust is baking combine two cups of homemade mayo with ranch seasonings:
  • 2 medium green onions, diced
  • 1 medium hand full flat leaf parsley, diced
  • 1 medium clove of garlic, diced or chopped
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
.  

~Once the crust is cooked add your ranch dressing mixture on top like a pizza sauce. Top with organic spinach, tomatoes, and chopped cooked bacon.

This is a serious hit in our house!



0 comments on "BLT Pizza...Why yes I think I will!"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez