Tuesday, March 4, 2014

*Chicken with bacon, cheese, and wine soaked mushrooms!


Today is my third and final S day with THM...and I kind of went all out on dinner! I have titled it "sin on a plate" because that is what it feels like for sure when you are eating it. My eyes might have been rolling around in my head while I was eating! 

I was doing a pinterest search at the beginning of the week and saw a pin for a chicken breast with cheese and bacon on top. However when I clicked on it of course it was a broken link. I decided to recreate it on my own, and share it with anyone who is as obsessed with bacon and cheese as I am!

Chicken with Bacon, cheese, and wine soaked mushrooms!

Ingredients:
1 lb chicken breasts
2 Tbsp Olive oil
1/2 lb bacon
1/2 c onion
1 package button mushrooms
Reserved bacon fat
1/4 c White Wine
1 cup cheddar cheese


First step was to cut the chicken breasts in half vertically to get 4 thin breasts out of the 2 that came in the package. I then salted and peppered the chicken and browned it in a pan over medium high heat with the 2 Tbsp olive oil.


 While the chicken was cooking I baked my bacon in the oven (425 for 12-15min). Once it was done I poured the bacon grease off into a container to reserve for later and set the bacon to the side to cool
Once the chicken was browned and cooked through I set to the side and added about half the bacon grease to the pan I cooked the chicken in and added the onions and mushrooms.


 Once they were cooked through and the bacon grease had cooked out I added the 1/4th a cup of white wine being sure to scrape up all the fond from the bottom of the pan. I cooked the mushrooms and onions down till they were dark brown and the wine had cooked out.


 Next up it was time to assemble!

I used the pan I baked the bacon in to assemble the chicken breasts. I mean it was pre-greased and meant one less pan for me to wash.

I laid out the chicken breasts and topped them with the mushroom mixture.
 Then the chopped bacon and shredded cheddar cheese.
 I broiled on high for a few minutes till the cheese melted..........
I placed the chicken breast on a bed of baby spinach and served up the leftover broccoli with butter and parmesan from last night....
So good!

0 comments on "*Chicken with bacon, cheese, and wine soaked mushrooms!"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez