Thursday, March 27, 2014

NFW: Santa Fe Chicken


Tonight's dinner has to be a total win in the zero food waste challenge. I only had to buy one ingredient, cream cheese, to make this meal. I could have done it without the cream cheese but it does give the recipe the creaminess that I like so I went ahead and bought it.

Santa Fe Chicken

1lb chicken, cubed
2c black beans
2c corn
2c salsa
1 package cream cheese
Cheddar cheese and cilantro for garnish

Brown the chicken in a large skillet. Once browned and cooked through add the beans, corn, and salsa. My corn and black beans were frozen so I threw them in frozen and cooked them till they were defrosted and combined.  Once the ingredients are combined stir in the cream cheese till melted and mixed well. Top individual bowls with cheddar cheese and cilantro.




This is one of my favorite meals. You can serve it over rice if you like I however just like it on it's own.

Now to figure out what to do with the rest of the cilantro before it goes bad.

0 comments on "NFW: Santa Fe Chicken"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez