Sunday, March 23, 2014

ZFW: Poppyseed Chicken Casserole


Another zero food waste meal here. I am still working on cleaning out all the random stuff from my refrigerator door. This stuff has been in there forever it seems and no one is eating it. So we are getting creative to get it used up instead of in the garbage when it expires. 

Tonight's dinner was inspired by a meal that a dear friend brought me right after I had my twins. The casserole was so good I might have been brought to tears when the leftovers ran out. I decided to tweak the recipe tonight to use up the half a bottle of Poppyseed dressing I don't even remember buying. 

So here we go........

 Poppyseed chicken casserole

1c poppyseed dressing
1c sour cream
1/2c mayo
1/2 tsp onion salt
1/4tsp garlic powder
1-2 pounds chicken breasts, precooked

Topping
1 1/2 sleeve of butter crackers
1/4c parmesan cheese
1 1/2 stick butter, melted

Mix all the ingredients together  and place in a 9x13 pan. In a separate bowl crush the crackers and add the parmesan cheese. Pour the melted butter on top and toss well. Add to the top of the casserole and bake at 350 for 30-40min.

This is for sure a "eat in moderation" meal. I don't know the calorie count and I don't want to! If this is a bit too zippy for you or you don't have the poppyseed dressing you can use a can of cream of chicken soup instead. I personally love this homemade version instead of the canned version.


0 comments on "ZFW: Poppyseed Chicken Casserole"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez