Sunday, March 23, 2014

ZFW: Carrot/squash/sweet potato muffins with almond and oat flour





Remember my Blank Slate Muffins? Well of course they are coming into play during my zero food waste challenge!

 These muffins are amazing for being able to use ANYTHING you have on hand to make a totally yummy breakfast or snack. As long as you stick to the measurements you can use any pureed fruit, any flour, any grain additive, etc.





I am REALLY testing them with this version tonight however. I have several jars of baby food in my cabinet that our youngest is now too old to eat. I also have several different types of flour that I never use these days. So I decided to use the baby food and the almond and oat flour to make muffins.

I used carrots, squash, and sweet potato puree...yes...all together at once. I am living dangerously!

Here is what tonight's double recipe looked like...

Blank Slate Muffins


2c almond flour
1 1/2c oat flour
 3/4c stevia baking sugar
2tsp baking powder
2tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2c carrots, sweet potato, and squash puree
2 egg
2/3c coconut oil
1/2c. skim milk
2c. oatmeal

Mix all together and bake at 350 for 25-30min.


Having tried them I would probably add some cinnamon next time...probably about a Tablespoon. They are really crumbly but everyone really liked them, even my 9yr old who was old enough to know exactly what went into them.

Now to find some new uses for oat flour I still have 2lbs in my pantry......hmmm......oat pancakes anyone?

0 comments on "ZFW: Carrot/squash/sweet potato muffins with almond and oat flour"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez