Friday, December 19, 2008

Cleaning Supplies


Thought I would share some of my favorite recipes for cleaning supplies:

Powdered Laundry Detergent- Top load machine
1 Ivory soap bar1 Cup Washing Soda½ Cup Borax
¼ Cup Oxyclean
-Grate soap or break into pieces and process in a food processor until powdered. Mix all ingredients. For light load, use 1 Tablespoon. For heavy or heavily soiled load, use 2 Tablespoons. Yields: 3 Cups detergent. (Approx. 40 loads)

All Purpose Spray
1/2 water, 1/2 white vinegar, 20 drops of essential oil (I like orange)

Dishwasher Powder-
1C borax
1C baking soda
1/4C salt (I used sea salt)
1/4C citric acid (I used 2 packets of unsweetened Lemonade Kool-Aid... has to be lemonade and un-sweeted or you'll dye your dishwasher.)
30 drops citrus essential oil (but I didn't add this to my mixture)
*put it all in a container and use 1T in each cup per load

2 comments on "Cleaning Supplies"

Unknown on December 20, 2008 at 5:53 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bre on December 20, 2008 at 6:08 PM said...

The dishwasher soap looks great I am trying that next.

Here are some of my favorites :)

fabric softener: 1.4 c vinegar to final rinse

scouring powder: baking soda! I don't use comet and haven't for years. Add lemon juice or vinegar for stubborn stains. Make a paste and let it set for burned on food in a pan.

Here is a great disinfectant: 1.2 oz tea tree oil with 1 qt water. This kills mold too, like in the bathroom
We spray it on the windowsills too.

Oh and I use vegetable oil mixed with a little bit of massage oil (for the scents) to polish my furniture. Just buff it off after it sits for a few.

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez