Sunday, December 28, 2008

My latest projects


Well I have been a busy little bee over here lately. I have started piecing a twin size quilt that when finished will be sold on etsy.com, as well as starting knitting on a new baby blanket for Hailey's baby dolls and knitting a new scarf for my mom for her birthday. I will get pics of the projects up as soon as they are all finished.



In my effort to be more green I have also decided to cut out all paper products in the house (except toilet paper I am not willing to go THAT green!). I just found some cloth napkins on eBay that were a bargain, 12 napkins each 20x20. That is way huge for us so I am going to be cutting them down to 6x6 which will give me a total of 108 napkins for $9 not bad if I do say so myself. I also found some washcloths for the downstairs bathroom so I can stop using paper towels in there as well. Should be a great boost for my environmental effort as well as my budget.



I have also decided to try making my own cat litter as well. The clay stuff is just so bad for the environment as well as my pocket book. We are using old newspapers which we are shredding and then washing, adding baking soda, and then drying. My first batch is still drying so we will see how kitty likes the new stuff before I start making more.



Christmas was a blast and we had fun opening all our presents. The girls made Santa homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies that I happen to know Santa loved. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as well and have a happy New Year!


0 comments on "My latest projects"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez