Saturday, December 20, 2008

Garden Discoveries


I was out working in my garden yesterday and I made a very interesting discovery. I have no idea what type of Caterpillar this is but I thought it was just to cool not to get a picture of. I started to show it to the girls but then I figured they would want to touch it and then well you see where this would have gone. I am going to do some research tonight to see what in the world it is....hopefully it is not the snails all over again!







I also found that my strawberry is FINALLY producing! I had completely given up and didn't think it was ever going to do anything. Well surprise surprise I have 2 strawberries on there.....quite the crop if I do say so myself ;P



I finally got everything planted. I just put in Tomatoes, Bell peppers, Cucumbers, Zucchini, and onions. The soil out there isn't the greatest quality so I raised the beds and put down a layer of peat moss and then topped it with organic potting soil. By back is killing me! But all the hard work is done and now I just have to sit back and wait for the plants to start growing. I will take some pics when things start to get going out there :D



0 comments on "Garden Discoveries"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez