Monday, February 4, 2013

Our progress....


Well we are a few days into February and I thought I would share a quick update.

The cash envelopes are going well. Actually a lot better than I expected. I have already noticed a decrease in spending. The other day I needed to get gas in my car. Normally I would just fill it up with the mindset of "well I am here I might as well". With only $60 in my gas envelope for the next two weeks however I was uncomfortable emptying it totally out with another 12 days till payday. I instead put $40 in my tank and kept the remaining $20 in reserve in case my husband needs some emergency gas before his next paycheck. Little changes in thinking along those same lines have been making a noticeable difference in my cash reserves. It should be interesting to see how things play out for the rest of the month.

The next new year's resolution I am working on is my goal to lose 100 lbs by Jan 1st 2014. So far I am down 19lbs. I just rejoined weight watchers online since I had wonderful success with them way back in 2007 when I needed to lose weight after having my second child. I really like that they have a nursing program since breastfeeding for a year is very important to me. The next step in my weight loss journey will be to start exercising again as soon as I am cleared by my doctor. I already have an elliptical, dvd's, and weights....I however would love to get a stationary bike, that is on my list of things I am saving my "fun money" for.

I am waiting not so patiently for our tax return to arrive so that we can make some massive strides in our savings. I hear it will be sometime between the 9th and the 19th...I really hate waiting!

0 comments on "Our progress...."

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez