Tuesday, February 12, 2013

New Years resolutions update!


Time for a update on our New Year's Resolutions!

 Personal:
*Have a healthy baby!
*Breastfeed for a year
*Lose 100lbs....that includes the weight I am carrying right this second from the baby and the pregnancy.
*Less "screen time" This includes less time online (sorry, I know you all will miss me, lol!).

Financial:
*Fill our Emergency Fund up to 6mths of expenses (Est completion March 1st)
*Set up a months income as a buffer in our checking account. This allows us to use our budgeting software, You Need A Budget, more effectively. (Est completion March 1st)
*Fully fund my Roth account (Est completion December)
*Equal amount saved in my husband's TSP acct (Est. Completion December)
~~That is a grand total of $21,900 into savings this year~~

How are they going?

Well I am down 27lbs! Weight watchers is going well and really easy for me to fall back into again now that our new baby is here. Breastfeeding is going well, she is a natural. I am still struggling with screen time usage. I have limited my computer time considerably...the tv is harder though. I watch a lot of tv right now while nursing my new little one...it seems like she nurses all day long. I am sure the tv usage will get less as she gets more efficient in her nursing and going longer between feedings.

Financially we are DONE with our 6mth emergency fund! We are also halfway through our one month buffer in our checking account and a fifth of the way through funding my roth for this year.

We are getting there!

1 comments on "New Years resolutions update!"

jwhit8791 on February 20, 2013 at 11:01 AM said...

Yay! So glad to hear that things are falling into place. Congrats on the 27 lbs. that is awesome!

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez