Friday, February 21, 2014

Field trip day!


I don't know about you all but I think I look forward to field trips more than my children!  Bright and early this morning I packed up our 4 oldest kiddos and headed into the city for some big time fun.
We decided to go to the Please Touch Museum in Philly and it was a massive hit!

My older girls learned how to send telegraphs, make electricity and even got to inspect real bugs preserved in each stage of development (tied in nicely to our flying creatures zoology work!)




The twins were not to be left out of the action. They were very happy to act as doctors complete with MRI machines and xrays. 

A life of a busy doctor is never dull and of course they needed to go shopping for dinner supplies once they were done saving lives. Luckily big sister was there to act as cashier and practice her math skills.

After a very busy day at the museum it was nice to be able to sit down for a bit and watch a puppet show. The play was about Gram Adele and the puppets were all antiques. The bubbles truly made the show of course. I was pretty proud of my 7yr old who halfway through the play gasped at one of the characters. She quickly whispered to me that she was shocked that the character actually LIED. Nice to know I am getting some morals through to them!
Overall it was a wonderful adventure and the girls had a blast. Lots of learning and lots of playing! We are already planning our next field trip!

1 comments on "Field trip day! "

Martha A. on February 21, 2014 at 11:22 PM said...

Looks like fun! I didn't know you were that close to Philly!

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez