Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Take out pizza at home....


As I mentioned in my last post I am obsessed with two things this pregnancy.....chocolate and salami. Luckily I have not gotten around to combining the two yet...give me time though....you never know.

One of the things I love at the moment is Domino's Tuscan Salami and Roasted Veggie Pizza. Yum! The price however....not so much. The price of the pizza itself isn't bad, $7.99. But then you have to add in the sprite, cause I need a drink, and the tip of $5....then there are the other people in the house to consider. If my husband is home I have to get him a separate pizza, $14 or more.

Today is the 15th of January and we have spent $196 on domino's take out so far this month!  This is one of those situations when I have a love hate relationship with my budget software. I don't REALLY want to know how much money I have wasted on take out!

However now that I know I can't not do something. Enter pinterest! I searched for knock off recipes and then tweaked it to my current slacker personality...

3 Pre-cooked personal pan pizza crusts: $2.69
1/2 lb mozzarella cheese: $0.94
3/4ths a lb of salami: $5.99
Banana peppers: $0.49
Garlic Parmesan Sauce:
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk $0.71
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise $0.18
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese $0.53
  • 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend $0.05
  • 1/4tsp garlic powder $0.02
To assemble top your crusts with the garlic Parmesan sauce, sliced salami, and banana peppers, and shredded mozzarella. Bake according to the instructions on the crusts.

Total for three personal pan pizzas:  $11.60 or $3.86 per pizza

The results? Not quite the same as Dominos but it did hit some of the same bells and whistles and was good. I will be making it again for sure.

0 comments on "Take out pizza at home...."

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez