Sunday, January 13, 2013

Homemade fruit snacks!


My kids LOVE fruit snacks....actually I take that back....my kids are obsessed with fruit snacks.  They can go through one of those boxes of snacks in about 10min. Since they are far from frugal and I am not overly thrilled with the ingredients (Carnuba wax? Seriously?) I very very rarely buy them. So when I found a recipe for homemade fruit snacks I decided to give them a try. I bought some of these silicone ice trays  a few months ago thinking they would be great for the kids to use for ice...not so much.... so they have just been hanging out in my cabinet. I figured even though they would be a little big they would work well for this project.

Strawberry Jello $0.99
Flavor free Jello $2.24

Total for 30 large fruit snacks: $3.23

Totally not frugal BUT they were fun for the kids to make, I got "cool mom" points, and there was built in portion control. Works for me!

0 comments on "Homemade fruit snacks!"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez