Sunday, January 6, 2013

Freezer Ingredients!


If you have been reading my blog for any length of time you know two things about me:

1. I like to change recipes
2. I am in love with my freezer

So it is kind of obvious that I have some tricks up my sleeve with freezer ingredients to make my life easier.

You know how when you go to Costco there are these HUGE packages of vegetables available? I take advantage of them to prepare ingredients for my freezer. With just a bit of work you save yourself so much time and energy.

Some of my favorite options:

*Bell peppers cut into strips. Just wash, cut, and add to a gallon bag to freeze.
*Carrots cut into medallions. Peel the carrots, wash, chop, and add to a gallon bag to freeze.
*Onions, chopped. I peel and course chop these, then throw in my food processor and pulse. Lay on a baking sheet to freeze then add to a gallon bag.
*Broccoli, chopped. Wash, chop, and add to gallon bag.
*Zucchini, cut into medallions. Wash, chop, and add to gallon bag.


When it is time to cook you already have your veggies all washed, chopped and ready to go. It doesn't get any easier than that!

Tonight's dinner is a prime example of using freezer ingredients. I have a recipe for a grilled chicken and veggie stir fry pasta dish. In an effort to make my life easier I altered the recipe and took major advantage of my freezer ingredients.

Here is my version.

Chicken and veggie stir fry pasta 

1 bag frozen broccoli
1/2 bag frozen bell pepper strips
A handful of frozen carrot medallions
1 lb frozen cooked and shredded chicken breasts
1 bottle stir fry sauce

~ Add all the above ingredients to your crockpot and cook on high for 3 hours till your ingredients are thawed and your veggies are cooked through.
~At dinner time cook a pound of spaghetti and toss with the chicken and veggies.

DONE! Took me all of 2min to pull my ingredients out of my freezer and throw in my crockpot....I then took advantage of the time saved to take a much needed nap. 


0 comments on "Freezer Ingredients! "

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez