Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy 3rd Birthday!!!


It is hard for me to believe but my twins turn 3 today! Where has the time gone?!

Today has been a busy day in our house to say the least. On top of the twins birthday today was also my weekly dr's appt, and my oldest daughters piano lesson. It doesn't sound like a lot but when you are at full term it is a lot!

Because we will be walking in the door from piano lessons right at dinner time I needed to have dinner made before we even left the house. Enter my crockpot! I altered a soup recipe to work in my crockpot (and to use dried beans) and threw it in during nap time.

Keilbasa and Bean Soup

1 lb Keilbasa, chunked
1 small onion, chopped (I used some frozen pre-chopped onions from my freezer)
1 garlic clove, minced
4 cups black beans (I used dried beans pre-cooked before adding them to the soup)
2 cups "bean water" (the water from the beans cooking above)
2 cups diced tomatoes (also from my freezer)
1 cup beef broth (I used beef broth granules, shhh! Don't tell that it isn't homemade!)
1 tsp dried basil

Just add all the ingredients to your crockpot and cook on low till warmed through. Done!

I pared the soup with my homemade Yummy Dutch Oven Bread.

Follow that up with two homemade chocolate birthday cakes and you have quite the meal. All done with zero effort at dinner time.

0 comments on "Happy 3rd Birthday!!!"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez