Saturday, December 29, 2012

Meatball Sub Bites!


I know somewhere someone else has come up with this idea but it was a totally new idea to me tonight and I think I am in love.

My husband and I both love meatball subs but hate how messy they are when feeding toddlers. Enter my newest creation.....the meatball sub BITE!

I started with this French Bread Recipe

and this Meatball Recipe

and my homemade Pizza Sauce (1 cup tomato sauce, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt).

I rolled out the dough pretty thin and added a spoonful of sauce, a sprinkle of cheese, and a meatball. I cut out the dough and folded it over to make a little meatball packet.



Place seam side down in a greased glass baking dish.  Make sure the pan is sprayed really well with cooking spray....I forgot this step and mine stuck like crazy.








Bake 400 for 25min till the bread is lightly browned.

I served mine with some more pizza sauce on the side for dipping.




They were a big hit here! The only thing we would have changed would be to add more cheese.....we like our cheese around here!

6 comments on "Meatball Sub Bites!"

Martha A. on December 29, 2012 at 6:00 PM said...

Those look really yummy! I am going to have to make those soon!

Margery on December 31, 2012 at 5:15 PM said...

I am so going to try this I wonder at what stage should I freeze them.

Unknown on December 31, 2012 at 5:23 PM said...

I would probably freeze them after cooking. Then on the day of thaw and reheat.

The dough really rises quite a bit in the oven and I would worry that it would rise too much while thawing out if I froze them before baking.

Unknown on January 8, 2013 at 10:37 PM said...

uhm...holy cow they look AMAZING!! I'm going to add them to my meal plan asap. Wonder if they would be good with a sourdough bread crust? (I just grew a sourdough starter and am looking to use it as much as I can).

Unknown on January 8, 2013 at 11:05 PM said...

You will have to let me know how they do with the sourdough!

Mommabear on January 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM said...

yummy!

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez