Saturday, December 15, 2012

Homemade Bread in your dutch oven!


I love homemade bread. I however HATE having to "fuss" with the dough. I want a nice easy recipe that doesn't take 5 hours to rise. Enter my homemade bread in your dutch oven! I was seriously skeptical about this recipe. I mean from mixing the four to done in 60min, 50 of those in the oven? Hey I was game to give it a try though.

Yummy Dutch Oven Bread


5-6cups flour
2 Tbsp dry yeast
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp salt
2 cups hot water

Mix 4 cups of flour with the yeast, sugar, and salt. Add the hot water and mix till combined. Once the water is mixed in add addition flour as needed till the dough is no longer sticky. Knead for 8 min.

Once the dough is finished kneading coat your dutch oven with cooking spray, I used my Pampered Chef deep covered baker. Cut a half inch deep line down the middle of the dough and then smaller cuts on the sides as shown.

Next up put the lid on you dish and place it in a COLD oven. I had to keep stopping myself from preheating the oven. Just felt so wrong to put it in cold.
Turn the oven on to 400 degrees and set your timer for 50min. No peaking!






 I was as I said skeptical of this whole process.... but when I took the lid off......
Doesn't it look good?! And so simple! This is a new go to recipe in our house for sure!

3 comments on "Homemade Bread in your dutch oven!"

iml8ru2 (llnoe) Natalie said...

How did it taste? I've seen similar recipes but you let it sit for hours then bake.

Unknown on December 18, 2012 at 4:49 PM said...

It was perfect. :)

iml8ru2 (llnoe) Natalie said...

Thanks. I'm going to try it this weekend. :)

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez