Sunday, January 4, 2015

Frugal Accomplishments 12/29- 1/4


It is that time of the week again!


 I earned $25 in amazon gift cards from swagbucks
 
I found our daughters $30 + tax/shipping workbook for $5 shipped and paid for it with one of the gift cards listed above

I found our January science book for $6 and used an above gift card

Made four 1/2 pints of sugar scrub for a "spa" treat here at home

I borrowed 3 books that were missing from our used sonlight core set

Hubby purchased my Christmas present (hot stone massage and extras) via groupon through swagbucks. Saved $100 and came in $40 under budget

We spent $20 to purchase 4mm plastic and an upholstery stapler.  We covered 9 windows with plastic to try and stop the very noticeable drafts. I still have some plastic left but decided not to cover 5 of our windows since I have my tropicals and herbs over wintering in front of them.

I spent $12 in swagbucks gift cards to purchase an external cd drive for my computer. I have no CD drive and need to be able to play disks for the kids school work.

I resisted the very strong urge to stop for Sonic while I was out running errands.

I asked my homeschooling friends lots of questions and dropped the twins kindergarten budget from $419 for the coming year to $127. Takes the yearly total for all 4 girls from $548 to $264

We had several no spend days

We ate all our meals at home even though I really REALLY didn't feel like cooking

I used some of our homemade BBQ Sauce for dinner one night this week.

We turned the thermostat down another 2 degrees to 65 during the day. No one has even noticed.

I started to purchase $30 in diet and cookbooks...then decided the last thing I need is another diet or cookbook. So I checked out pinterest for the authors tips which of course were there. Looked up some low calorie menu options while I was there.

Pulled ALL of the unused curriculum and other books from our bookshelves. Preparing to sell the ones we won't use again including all of my cookbooks...which makes the above item kind of funny.

 I stopped at CVS and decided to try out their rewards program. I picked up diapers and got my first $5 in "bucks"

I picked up my contact solution on base for $2.99

I "fixed" our kitchen cabinet. The hinge broke and won't stay closed. So I just took it off and put it in the basement.

I listed $500 worth of books for sale. So far I have sold $10 which will pay for our buy in to co-op this spring.

I made a homemade version of hamburger helper for dinner one night this week.

I stayed on target while grocery shopping.

I used my $5 extra bucks at CVS for an over the counter medication leaving the balance of just $0.99 for my purchase.

I made 9 pizzas for our freezer.

Over all we had a very good week here at our house. We are all set to start back to school tomorrow and looking forward to getting back into our routine. I would love to hear how your week went!

0 comments on "Frugal Accomplishments 12/29- 1/4"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez