Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 Resolutions


It is so hard to believe that it is already 2015! Where did the last year go?! We were quite busy last year with a move to a new house and jumping into homeschooling with absolutely no planning beforehand. The coming year has the potential to be equally busy thanks to a looming deployment. I am not looking forward to being on my own with the children for half of the coming year.  I am however excited to see what changes the new year brings to our home.

The new year brings the inevitable New Years Resolutions. I have been thinking about mine for the last few weeks and I think I finally have a workable list. If you have been reading my blog for any length of time you know I like a good bulleted list, so here we go!


Personal
  • Intentional at home date night with the hubby at least once a month before and after he deploys
  • Intentionally working towards "Learning one new thing" per week

Homeschool

  • Lesson plan and student sheets completed by Sunday nights
  • Maintain our yearly homeschool plan of year round school with several long breaks interwoven in to the lesson plans
  • Maintain our yearly homeschool budget

Financial

  • Read at least one financial book per month
  • Maintain our momentum towards saving for emergency situations
  • Update the budget at least 4 times a week
  • Fund all yearly sinking funds by end of March

Weight loss

  • Recommit to weight loss plan
  • Track daily calories using myfitnesspal
  • Three days a week of intentional exercise
That is quite the list! So how do I plan to go about actually completing all of these lovely bullets? I will be implementing a chart system that we actually use with our 10yr old autistic daughter. I will print off the list in a graph format and tape the paper to my refrigerator. Each time I complete an action I get a check mark.  After so many check marks I will earn a "prize". I have not worked out what my prize to myself will be..... a manicure sounds amazing however!

I am excited to get started on my list and would love to hear about your New Years Resolutions!

0 comments on "2015 Resolutions"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez