Friday, March 6, 2015

Financial Friday!


It is Financial Friday!

This week I added a new book to my digital bookshelf: Slaying the Debt Dragon: How One Family Conquered Their Money Monster and Found an Inspired Happily Ever After



A friend recommended this book and I was game to give it a read. I purchased the kindle version using my swagbucks giftcards and added it my phone. I love being able to read my books while waiting at the doctors office or swim team practice without adding more weight to my already bulging bag.

I was expecting the book to be a detailed breakdown of how they paid off their $127K in debt.  However I found the book to be a little light on the actual details of their story. The majority of the book was more from an encouragement stand point. Which don't get me wrong was very uplifting, just not what I was expecting.

So what were my thoughts on the book?
  • Encouraging and uplifting book
  • Strong Biblical perspective with multiple biblical quotes and discussions
  • Quirky and funny read
  • Several sections with positive financial stories from other couples who have fought the "debt dragon" and won.
  • The formatting was a bit off in the kindle version. Notes that were made during editing and obviously meant to be removed before publishing were left in the text. It however did not affect the reading of the book.
While I did not learn anything new from this book I enjoyed reading through it. I would recommend it to anyone who needs some encouragement and an easy financial read.

**I was not asked to review this product and have not been compensated in anyway for my review.**

0 comments on "Financial Friday!"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez