Sunday, December 14, 2014

Frugal Accomplishments 12/8-12/14


Time for this weeks frugal accomplishments!

Our son is now potty trained! We are down to just 1 little one in diapers! This is a bit bittersweet for me as it is even more of confirmation that my babies are growing up. I am not so sure I am ready for that one yet. I however do appreciate changing less diapers.

We were able to set up a free membership at our local YMCA that includes FREE childcare! I am very excited about this one. When my husband deploys it is very difficult for me to leave the house to workout. I can't afford to hire a babysitter 3-4 times a week so I tend to just skip working out. We headed over to check out the YMCA this week and I was very pleased with what I found. They have over 100 free classes available and I am looking forward to trying several of them out very soon. The kids spent sometime in the daycare and did very well so we are all set!

We ate at home this week and even extended our last grocery shopping trip by eating from the pantry on Saturday instead of grocery shopping. We were just too busy doing our volunteer work on Saturday to get to the store and were very blessed to have plenty of food available on hand here at home.

We kept our budget tracking software up to date and filled our sinking funds with the required funds. It is so calming to know that all of our upcoming expenses are covered and ready to be paid.

I shaved our son's head instead of going to a barber. Luckily he is little and doesn't mind a buzz cut because that is all I know how to do!

We made gingerbread houses "from scratch" instead of buying kits. We found the kits in the stores for $6 per kit. With six kids that is $36....on gingerbread houses! Nope. Not happening. I purchased 2 boxes of graham crackers, 2 bottles of spray icing, and 3 bags of candy. We made six gingerbread houses for a total of $13.50 and had plenty of graham crackers, candy, and icing left to make several more houses.

I would love to hear about your frugal accomplishments this week!

0 comments on "Frugal Accomplishments 12/8-12/14"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez