Monday, March 28, 2016

Our Saudi Arabian Unit


A few weeks ago I blogged about being worn out on the craft front and unable to pull it together for a weekly unit craft for Kenya.

When we moved on to our unit for Saudi Arabia I didn't manage to get myself together all that much.

I managed to put a drill bit into my hand while doing some woodworking in the garage. After spending a great deal of time in the ER with all 6 kids getting my hand sewn back together I was a bit out of sync with school work and chores.

Working with one hand sucks. Working on crafts with 6 kids with one hand just wasn't gonna happen.

It took me over a week to get caught up on the cleaning, laundry, school work, cooking, etc.

I sound whiny.

I probably am being whiny.

We all survived. My hand got stiched back together and we completed all of our school work for the unit.

We did however LOVE our reading for this unit. We chose to read I Am Malala. Our girls had been doing quite a bit of complaining about why they had to do their school work. They felt that they did not need an education and that they were wasting their time on their lessons. After reading I Am Malala they did a complete 180 degree turn. Suddenly they stopped complaining and actually completed their work when asked. We went a few steps further and found some interviews with Malala and watched some of her movie He Named Me Malala.

We really enjoyed this unit even without the crafts and special meals. We would love to hear what you did while studying Saudi Arabia!

0 comments on "Our Saudi Arabian Unit"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez