Friday, July 10, 2015

My Father's World Kindergarten: Unit 8


This week we are on to D is for Dinosaur!

We took a really big field trip this week! We headed to the Creation Museum! I am planning an in depth post concerning our trip to the Creation Museum as there was so much more than just dinosaurs to explore while we were there. 


We all enjoyed exploring the museum and learning about the dinosaurs! I would say it was a major hit with all of our children.  I got a kick out of the Garden of Eden display with not only the tradition animals represented but also dinosaurs. The Museum takes a biblical approach to the dinosaurs, but leans towards a young Earth description. Our family however believes in an old Earth philosophy. This was easy enough for me to work around. I simply read all of the plaques and materials out loud and altered any information that I didn't feel fit well within our old Earth beliefs.


I had plans to do some other hands on activities such as shape dinosaurs, digging for chicken bones in a mock archeology dig, etc. However while recovering from being sick and going on such a long trip to the museum we were over booked and cut our losses. I do plan to do some hands on activities the next time we complete this unit (with our younger two children). 

Have you completed D is for Dinosaur? If so I would love to hear all about it!

0 comments on "My Father's World Kindergarten: Unit 8 "

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez