Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Father's Day Care Package


This month's care package came just in time for Father's Day. My husband loves to fish and calls me his "fish".....so a fish themed care package seemed a given.

I started by buying a very small tackle box and some fish themed candy. I printed out a simple "Daddy's Tackle Box" label and attached it to the front of the box. I then raided my daughters markers to draw some fish and such on the label.


 I wanted to add some goldfish to the box with the fish themed candy....but they got eaten before they could make it into the box.


My husband asked for a framed picture of the kiddos for his desk at work. Since it is impossible to get all six children to sit nicely together and ALL look at the camera at one time I went for individual pictures.
 

Lastly I decorated the box itself. I checked out pinterest for some fish themed deployment boxes and came up with the ideas below. The original box I based mine off of was much prettier and artistic. Mine was done at 10pm with just construction paper, markers, and tape.




My husband got a kick out of the fish theme this month. He is not having a wonderful time "over there" and anything I can do to make him smile even for a second is totally worth it. Just three more boxes to go before he gets to come home!

5 comments on "Father's Day Care Package"

jwhit8791 on July 8, 2015 at 10:41 AM said...

Such a cute idea and yay that it's only 3 more. I know that to you it seems like it's forever though. How are the kids liking their summer away?

Unknown on July 8, 2015 at 11:15 AM said...

They are doing well :-) enjoying the change of pace and seem to be adjusting well. How are you?

jwhit8791 on July 9, 2015 at 11:23 AM said...

Found out this weekend that we are expecting again. Very excited, and tired. LOL

Unknown on July 9, 2015 at 1:23 PM said...

That is wonderful! I am out of the loop, how many does that make now? :-)

jwhit8791 on July 13, 2015 at 8:29 AM said...

This will be our 5th. Not sure how you do this, got any advice?

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez