Friday, July 17, 2015

My Father' World Kindergarten: Unit 9


My Father's World Kindergarten Unit 9 is all about O is for Octopus. For this unit we decided to take another field trip. This time to a local aquarium!



I am always looking for ways for our children to see the real animal or item we are discussing. There is only so much we can learn from a textbook or pictures on a computer. It is so much more informative to actually interact and "play with" the item we are learning about. I have found that not only is it more informative but the facts also seem to be memorized easier and have a quicker recall down the line.

While at the aquarium we saw not only octopus species but also so many other sea creatures!  We learned a great deal about the digestive systems of fish, the mating habits of penguins, the feeding habits of sea turtles, and much much more. We had an amazing time learning about the different creatures that live within our oceans.



You know what I am going to say next. Come on...tell me about your O is for Octopus units!

0 comments on "My Father' World Kindergarten: Unit 9 "

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez