Monday, May 30, 2016

May's Week Off!


Want to know what we did on our recent week off from school?

Come check it out!

First off we HAD to go see the new Angry Birds movie. I had never attempted to take all 6 kids to the movies by myself before. I was quite pleased with how the entire outing went. The children were well behaved and since we went in the middle of the day on a work day the theater was practically empty.  We had some gift cards from a family member so the entire deal "only" cost $30. For 7 movie tickets AND concession stand treats that was a steal!



Next up we worked on all of the "paperwork" for our camping badges. They are looking forward to going on a camping trip with their fellow troop members.


There was of course a lot of cuddling with mama. I have to say that was my favorite part of the entire week! 


Since we have been studying Native Americans this month we jumped on a chance to go to our state museum to explore their Native American artifacts. The museum got bonus points from me due to the free parking and free admission for our entire family.
 

Of course we also enjoyed exploring the rest of the museum while were there. The children learned quite a bit about such a variety of subjects that I could not even begin to list them all.




On our way home we stopped at our favorite Amish market for homemade pretzels and whoopie pies. Soooooo much better than Mcdonalds!



 Speaking of amazing baked goods our daughter decided to make her very first homemade pumpkin pie this week. She made the entire pie all by herself. I am even prouder of her for finding the humor in forgetting to add the sugar. We all make mistakes but learning from them is definitely an important aspect of education.


This week I had a lot of exercise help from my littlest buddy. She loves to help me workout and watches me like a hawk. If I dare to attempt to skip a particular exercise she will point her little finger at me and read me the riot act. I think she is going to be a personal trainer when she grows up.


The heat this week has been unbearable. We have gone from the 60's to the 90's over night. I for one was not ready for the swift change. The children spent one full day playing in our inflatable pool. I however almost had a stroke over the amount of wet clothes and the puddles left all over the floor all day long. We needed to find another cool outside activity to keep them busy. Enter pinterest! For $6 we duck taped two plastic drop cloths together and inserted a box fan. The resulting "air fort" was a massive hit.



Lastly we ladies worked on our beauty routines. I happened to get a manicure and a pedicure from the cutest little lady.


I have to say our week was full of adventures, learning, and relaxing. I am already looking forward to our next week off!



0 comments on "May's Week Off! "

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez