Friday, May 15, 2015

My Father's World Kindergarten: Unit 1


We are very happily working our way through My Father's World Kindergarten curriculum with our 5 yr old twins. We just finished Unit 1: Sun. I found this to be quite funny as we are in the middle of an extremely rainy spring here in Kentucky. I intended to have the children complete some sun themed activities outside but quickly found this would not be possible.

We got creative and made a chalk sun on our back porch even though the concrete was wet. I know I took a picture of the finished product but it seems to have disappeared.

We also set up our raisin experiment and the girls have been excitedly checking the grapes each day to see how they are changing.



We found this unit to be very laid back and relaxed.  Definitely a nice easy transition to a kindergarten curriculum. Our girls are enjoying their projects and are even happily completing their phonics worksheets each week.


I have gone through the upcoming units and made a list of our upcoming projects. I have to say I am quite excited about some of the projects and field trips we will be completing!  I hope you will join us in our journey through kindergarten!

0 comments on "My Father's World Kindergarten: Unit 1"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez