Saturday, September 20, 2014

Frugal accomplishments 9/14-9/20


This week was our first week back to school and we have been super busy figuring out our new normal now that we have 4 kids in school.  I did take the time to write down our frugal accomplishments, otherwise I am sure I would have forgotten all of them by now.

The weather here has been lovely. Lows of 50's and highs of 70's. We were able to go 7 days with no ac or heat. I have been tempted to turn on the air conditioner several afternoons just because it becomes very stuffy in the house even with the windows open. I need to look into get some box fans for the rooms without ceiling fans.

We made some homemade play dough for our homeschool coop science class a few weeks ago. The kids used it to model the different sections of the brain. So the colors were all mixed together. I started to just throw it away after the class but decided my kids wouldn't care if their play dough was rainbow colored so I kept it. The kids have had a blast playing with it this week. There is something about play dough that brightens my kids day like nothing else can.







Also this week we have been busy in the kitchen with real dough. We made homemade bread, honey butter, ranch powder, cream of chicken soup, coffee creamer, chicken and stars soup, chicken pot pies, and an "I didn't get to go to the store casserole".  I will have to post about my casserole soon.

I also used my crockpot to make a roast that called for 5 hours in the oven.  I don't even want to know how much gas it would take to run an oven for 5 hours.






We were blessed this week to do several science experiment at home that were at little to no cost.

I also was very blessed to find a 3T winter coat for our son for $3. I was able to pull quarters out of my grocery envelope to pay for it. I am still looking for jeans for my son and my oldest daughter for this winter. My project for this weekend is to go through our shoe bin and coat box in the basement and see what is needed for this winter and start my thrift store rounds. I am hoping we will just need new shoes and snow boots for everyone. 

Overall we had a wonderfully productive and frugal week.

How did your week go?

0 comments on "Frugal accomplishments 9/14-9/20"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez