Friday, January 1, 2016

Blogging into the New Year!


The New Year always triggers some introspection in our home. This year is no different. I have given a lot of thought to the subject matter and direction our blog has taken over the years.

When we started the blog in 2008 we were a young married couple with 2 small children trying desperately to get out of debt and find a secure financial footing.

We then transitioned to a large family learning how to juggle life and finances.

Then we changed it up again to a large homeschooling family on a budget.

We have covered everything from recipes, budgets, frugal ideas, homeschooling topics, decorating, and more. I have been trying to decide if I want to "streamline" our blog to just one topic in the future. I do not want our blog to be a mishmash of topics and confusing to new readers. With this in mind I have considered moving to a new blogging platform and streamlining our topic focus.

After a lot of thought I have decided I like to organic nature of our blog. I like seeing how our family has changed and grown over time. Our blog's title "One Mama's Journey" seems fitting even more today than it did in 2008. This blog has been an online chronicle of our changes, challenges, and setbacks through the years. I see no reason to change that now. I will continue to use this blog as a place to share our adventures and struggles throughout the years. This blog will never be a "how to" or an amazing collection of gourmet recipes with amazing professional pictures. Rather it will be a unique view point into the ever changing lives of a family.

I will however begin to work on blog organization more at this point. I do realize that finding old posts on certain topics can be difficult on our current platform. Stay tuned for some blog upgrades and changes!

If you have any specific suggestions I would love to hear them! Sometimes we are so close to a topic that we can no longer see the forest for the trees.

1 comments on "Blogging into the New Year! "

Creative Madness Mama on January 4, 2016 at 10:03 PM said...

Oh to a new year!

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez