Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Homemade Hot Chocolate




We have a snow day tradition in our family. Hot chocolate is an absolute must!

With 6 children you can imagine the volume of prepackaged hot chocolate mix we would need each winter. I have looked through countless recipes for a homemade hot chocolate recipe and always came up short. That is until I asked my mother for her recipe. I should have known she would have the perfect, simple, and yummy recipe.
Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder

Mix the sugar and cocoa powder together and store in an air tight container.

When you are ready to make hot chocolate add 1 Tbsp of mix per 1 cup of milk. Heat through on the stove top and serve warm.





So very simple and delicious. Almost makes me want more snow days. Almost.

1 comments on "Homemade Hot Chocolate"

jwhit8791 on January 23, 2016 at 7:15 PM said...

Aw, so simple. Bet it's delicious. Thanks for sharing! Been looking for a good one that I could make for the kids.

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez