Saturday, August 29, 2015

MFW Kindergarten: Unit 14


My Father's World Kindergarten Unit 14: "H is for Horse"!

Our children have taken riding lessons and visited many horses over the years. I tried to think of something special for this unit. Something that they had not already seen or experienced. My mother came up with the idea of visiting the Clydesdales that were on display at Bush Gardens.  Anytime I can add an educational opportunity to a fun family moment I am happy.






The kids were in awe over how big the horses were. Especially when you consider that their experience with horses has been ponies at the local riding center! We were kept securely behind not only the stall doors but also a chain fence. I didn't mind however since I can't say I would be too thrilled to be stepped on by a Clydesdale!

Going to Bush gardens was definitely a giant treat. The kids got to see several different types of animals along the way and very much enjoyed the water park areas of the park.  I would say the entire time was a very big hit with the kids....even if it was hot enough to fry an egg on the side walk!

I would love to hear how your family completed MFW's Kindergarten Unit 14 "H is for Horse"!



0 comments on "MFW Kindergarten: Unit 14"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez