Monday, February 16, 2015

Homemade Cheeseburger "Hamburger Helper"


My husband is a simple man when it comes to dinners. You say the words "Hamburger Helper" and he starts drooling. I however start to gag. I just can't do it. So in an effort to make my husband happy I started experimenting with different types of homemade "Hamburger Helper". The Cheeseburger version has been the biggest hit so far and couldn't be simpler to make.





1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 cup ketchup
1/4c mustard
1/4-1/2 cup pickle juice
1 lb macaroni, cooked 

Saute the ground beef and onion until cooked through and onion is translucent. Mix in ketchup, mustard, and pickle juice and stir well. Simmer till thickened. Add cooked macaroni and mix well.

Top your pasta with extra ketchup and mustard and any toppings you enjoy on your cheeseburger. Bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, and cheese are all amazing options.

I wasn't kidding when I said this was crazy easy to make and very yummy! 


0 comments on "Homemade Cheeseburger "Hamburger Helper""

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez