Monday, January 9, 2012

How "Old fashioned" are you?


One of the boards I participate in has a thread going right now asking what "old fashioned" skills do you have. Which got me to thinking what skills do I have that others may see as being old fashioned.

Lets see I can:
*crochet
*hand quilt
*crosstitch
*sew (with and without a machine)
*bake from scratch
*Make any type of dairy product (cheese, butter, yogurt, ice cream, etc.)
*garden
*water bath can fruit and veg
*Pressure can
*dry herbs
*Do just about anything with livestock (tail doc, castrate, vaccinate, sheer, trim hooves, tag, etc.)
*Operate any form of tractor and attachment (Bailer, batwing, etc.)
*Clean out a barn
*climb a silo without killing myself


Skills I am looking to learn:
*making soap
*knitting

Wow when you list all of your skills out you seem like a accomplished person! I plan on learning to knit once I get some of my current projects done (more in upcoming post about my current projects.). And I have big plans for learning to make soap! Can we say Christmas presents for next year?!

What about you all? What "old fashioned" skills do YOU have????

1 comments on "How "Old fashioned" are you?"

Sweet Tater on January 12, 2012 at 4:49 PM said...

I am soooo stealing your blog post to put on mine. LOL :) figured that was the best way to answer your question!

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez