Saturday, May 30, 2009

"Left Over" Pizza


No I am not blogging about old pizza in my fridge but rather my latest recipe. I don't know about you all but I always have leftover veggies in my fridge at the end of the week and I have no idea what I bought them for. A couple of months ago I was just so sick of trying to find ways to use these veggies when it suddenly hit me....PIZZA! You can put ANYTHING on a pizza and everyone will eat it! This weeks pizza has bell pepper, zucchini, spinach, tomatoes, homemade sauce out of the freezer, leftover lunch meat, green onions, and tons of olives on my side. The crust is super simple, 3c. flour 1c. hot water, and 3/4tsp yeast....that's it! This huge pizza managed to survive for a whole 12 hrs before it was polished off, can't say the same thing if I had steamed up the veggies and served them with something else. Plus I got an entire meal out of things in my fridge that otherwise would have gone to waste.


1 comments on ""Left Over" Pizza"

Sweet Tater on June 10, 2009 at 5:48 PM said...

Good way to use leftovers. Very good way to not waste. I hate wasting food, too, though we inevitably do it. Not as bad as some, I suppose, but still... At least Jason takes leftovers for lunch. That helps. :) And he gets a hot meal instead of a sandwich. Always a plus.

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez