Friday, December 30, 2011

Our frugal Christmas


Every year I say that we are going to have a frugal Christmas and then every year we go over board due to poor planning. This year we stuck to our guns!

Gift's for extended family:

***Pillow cases personalized by my kids ($12 total)***
~Grandma
~Grandpa
~Nana

***Handmade "Faith, Love, Hope" Sign ($15)***
~My Brother and SIL

***$10 Game Stop GC ($20 total)***
~11yr old nephews

***Crayon Roll and Coloring Book ($20 total)***
~Niece
~Nephew

Total for extended family: $67 plus shipping (man does that add up fast!)

Gifts for my kids:
*Blank books (made with yarn and printer paper)
*Stockings (made by me out of their old receiving blankets)
*Art Box (filled with lots of arts and crafts supplies) ($20)
*Purses for the twins (made from scraps of material I already have)
*Crayon rolls for the older two ($20 total)
*Plus tons of stuff from the Grandparents and Aunts and Uncles

Gifts for each other:
*$50 limit per person

We had a wonderful Christmas :D

1 comments on "Our frugal Christmas"

Sweet Tater on January 12, 2012 at 5:29 PM said...

We do the same thing. You're totally right, though. We spend way too much on Christmas, even though we actually spend a LOT less than most folks. Hubby says we're cutting way back this year, and I agree. We're really gonna' try. I'm also gonna' start a Christmas account, so that when it DOES get here, I don't have to take what we do spend all out of one or two month's budget. I can take a little here or there, and that should help a lot. :)

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez