Friday, July 31, 2009

Giving the garden another try


I honestly don't know why I keep doing this to myself but I am on trial #3 with the garden. This time I have planted just tomatoes and green beans but the seeds were leftover from trial #1 so I won't be holding my breath! I just had all these seeds leftover so I thought what the heck I might as well plant them as throw them away....so we shall see! Like I said not to optimistic but at least that was the end of the veggie seeds so maybe if I try for a trial #4 at the new house I can start with some fresh seeds and maybe some different varieties. I will post some pics if anything makes it to start growing.....

1 comments on "Giving the garden another try"

Sweet Tater on July 31, 2009 at 10:33 PM said...

I have no idea how you're planting your garden, but tomatoes do better if you plant the seed in a small pot first and get it started, moving it only to the garden when it's a small plant (say, at least as tall as your hand or so). Now, you may already know that...and it also may not make any difference, depending on your seeds, weather, and soil. You also probably need good fertilizer. (not Miracle Grow, which is also good for later, but...REAL fertilizer.) I forgot to put mine in this year, and let's just say, they didn't do nearly as good as I'd hoped. But if your ground is sandy (like mine), it will be hard for it to hold nutrients. Water just washes it all through. Anyway, just some advice. Good luck. :)

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez